Saturday, August 29, 2009

MRAP training





One training that my mom warned me about was MRAP training. MRAP stands for "Mine Resistant Ambush Protected" Vehicle. We basically train on how to react to a rollover while a passenger in one of these huge tanks. I strapped myself tightly in one of these tanks while it simulated a 90 degree and 180 degree rollover and demonstrated how to remove my seatbelt and exit the vehicle. Its such a scary feeling but the training is necessary - and it saves lives!

We also did a simulated humvee rollover and I was the driver! That time, we had to carry rubber weapons and demonstrate how to correctly brace them during the rollover. I was holding onto my weapon for dear life because we were told that some people ended up with a bloody nose or a black eye from their weapon hitting them in the face!

No comments:

Post a Comment